OT: Revoking Old Keys... my problem

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun May 2 09:37:20 CEST 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 3:04, Jerry Windrel wrote:
> > Thank God for places like this.  This is why I flat out love Linux and
> > GNU so much.  You get a *community* that wants to help each other out.
> > Just because it's the 'right thing to do' and no other reason.  If only
> > the rest of the world would catch on.  Well, there's hope still.
>
> Amen to that... it reminds me of my college days.  Quite the opposite of
> the working world, at least where I've been working.  I wish there was a
> way to change that.

There is. Advocate GNU/Linux for your workplace every 10 seconds until you're
either fired or pacified.
:-)

Get a Tux tie, use pro-Linux banners on your internal email sigs, use Linux
post-it notes, Linux mugs, Linux baseball cap/T-shirt if allowed, become a
complete pain-in-the-**** until someone asks why.

If your workplace doesn't have the kind of clout required to implement any IT
change, join a forum or workplace committee that does.

Read up on Linux, use Linux exclusively and prove to everyone that it works.

You're the one person best suited to changing opinions in your workplace.

There must be a better mailing list for this discussion! Try joining a local
LUG and getting help from that section of the community. For the UK, start at
http://www.lug.org.uk - or for international LUG's start here:
http://www.linux.org/groups/index.html

--

Neil Williams