gpg utils W9x vs. Linux

Bill Turner turner_bill at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 4 03:05:44 CEST 2004

Hello all,

Currently I have a P-300, 128MB, 6GB, and running W98SE and Vector Linux
3.2 in dual-boot.  Right now I am still in the process of getting the
Linux side all properly configured and for the moment am doing almost
everything on the W9x side of things.  I would like to change that.

I have (w9x) gpg, gpgshell, and am using Mozilla (1.7b) with the
enigmail plug in to handle signing, encryption and so forth of email.
This is the first time I've really used Mozilla and I have to say I am
very favorably impressed.  Not least of all by the fact that it is
'multi-platform' capable.  I just love that.  Any program I use
frequently, unless I have no other choice, is going to run under more
than just Windows.

1.  Is there another util other than gpgshell which will run on both W9x
and Linux?  GPL would be best.

2.  If not, can someone recommend a good 'general gnupg' util, with
similar functionality to gpgshell, for the Linux side of the box?

Lastly, I intend to install Mozilla on the Linux side of the box in
fairly short order.  Does anyone know of a 'quick and mostly painless'
way to 'import' the w9x settings, email, and so forth to the Linux side
of the box?

Thanks.

Bill

--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it."     Mahatma Gandhi.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing."  Edmund Burke.

"What have you done to make the world a better place today?  Got 30
seconds?  Feed somebody.  <http://thehungersite.com>"  Bill Turner

  --
The following information is from a key which has been compromised.
Please contact me directly via email to obtain an updated and current key.

"Bill Turner <wildbill at speakeasy.net>"

Type bits /keyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024D/89F6CC2B 2002/10/18 Bill Turner <wildbill at speakeasy.net>
Key fingerprint = 2AC6 D850 97A0 5D3A FB22  9237 24DA 6DCC 89F6 CC2B
sig        89F6CC2B             Bill Turner <wildbill at speakeasy.net>
  --
My current (and valid) GPG Public key info follows:

"Bill Turner <turner_bill at sbcglobal.net>"

Type bits /keyID    Date       User ID
pub 1024D/7A85CF68 2004/04/28 Bill Turner (Tux Rox!)
<turner_bill at sbcglobal.net>
Key fingerprint = 763D 95D2 CB20 7763 5303  8097 A7D7 6B5D 7A85 CF68
sig   7A85CF68    Bill Turner (Tux Rox!) <turner_bill at sbcglobal.net>