How do I choose different private keys to sign different public keys

Stewart V. Wright svwright+lists at amtp.liv.ac.uk
Wed May 5 16:52:06 CEST 2004

G'day Denis,

* Denis Green <rainman at hod.aarg.net> [040505 15:40]:
> these questions may have been left un answered
>

> [.............]
>
> 2/
> I have multiple private keys. Lets say I have key pairs
>
> a - used in office (in the Full name and office e mail id)
> b - used for nym and re-mailers (with my nym address)
> c - used in personal communications (with my short name
>     and personal address)

Is this a question?

> 3/
> How do I choose different private_ keys to sign
> different public keys ? For e.g. my colleague's key with
> _my_private_(a), a re-mailer ops key with _my_private_(b)
> and my brother's key with _my_private__(c) and so on ?

RTFM.  It's really, _really_, _REALLY_ useful.

  -u, --local-user name
            Use  name  as  the  user ID to sign.  This option is
	    silently ignored for the list commands, so that it can be
	    used  in  an options file.

Also something else to read that I found useful was The GNU Privacy
Handbook :-
  http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html

Cheers,

S.