Using passphase-fd from within a batch procedure

Dave.Fragiacomo at pb.com Dave.Fragiacomo at pb.com
Wed May 12 15:42:53 CEST 2004

Not sure if you received this or not since the mailing list doesn't reflect
the text I replyed with.....

I tried your suggestion but it didn't work.  I received the following
output from the execution of the batch file....

gpg: public key decryption failed: bad passphrase
gpg: encrypted with ELG-E key, ID A5A2229C
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

When I decrypt the file in an interactive mode with the same passphase I
passed to the batch file, it works fine.

There seems to be a method by using the "--passphrase-fd 1" command whereby
it would read the passphrase from a file, but I can't seem to get that to
work either.
Can someone provide the correct syntax to use and what text should be in
the contents of the file containing the passphase?