import mantra protected secring.gpg

Konrad Kunath mail at konrad-kunath.de
Mon May 17 20:44:20 CEST 2004

when i backed up my secure key i only saved the secring.gpg which is
password protected.
now, after system crash, im not able to reuse this secure keyring.

by trying to import it ("--import") or decrypting it i got the failure
"gpg: packet(3) with unknown version 124".

when i try to use it directly as my secring.gpg gpg dont puts out sth.

i havent saved the original configuration file so unfortunately i cant
say sth. about previous configuration and probably used algorithms.

what could it be? maybe a problem of gpg version differences or special
symmetric mantra algorithm? some ideas?