GnuPG 1.2.4 fetches revoked key

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Tue May 18 15:17:06 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 08:36, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
wrote:

> I guess GnuPG could check if there's an un-revoked key with that id
> when checking signatures, but OTOH it may as well decide that it's a
> weird special case and just not change its behaviour. Reasonably, in
> my book.

Maybe I just have not correctly understood the "include-revoked"
option...
man gpg says
"include-revoked
When searching for a key with --search-keys, include keys that are
marked on the  keyserver  as  revoked.  Note that this option is always
set when using the NAI HKP keyserver, as this  keyserver  does  not
differentiate  between  revoked and unrevoked keys."

So "include-revoked" does only effect --search-keys whereas --recv-key
always fetches a revoked key, not matter if "include-revoked" is given
or not. Hm.

Malte