script failure & random seed file

seidls at schneider.com seidls at schneider.com
Tue May 18 21:57:02 CEST 2004

Our processes to encrypt data failed last night, and GPG returned the
following information:
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: note: random_seed file is empty
gpg: fatal: can't connect to `/var/spool/prngd/pool': Connection refused

Can someone explain why we would have received these messages?  I verified
the random_seed file was not empty, and I do not know what
/var/spool/prngd/pool is.

Thanks
Scott Seidl
Electronic Communication Services
seidls at schneider.com
Tel) 920-592-2163

This document, and any attachments therein, contains proprietary and
confidential information that may not be disclosed without the prior
written permission of Schneider National, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Unauthorized use or misuse of this information and its contents is strictly
prohibited. Schneider National, Inc. vigorously protects its rights.