[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.6 released (development)

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Sat May 22 22:34:59 CEST 2004

On May 22, 2004, at 3:12 PM, David Shaw wrote:
> [...]

Built from source, on Apple's Powerbook G3 processor PowerPC 750 v2.2,
running Mac OS X 10.3.3 (Panther).

I understand that the following are *not* error warnings, but
notifications only (at the end of sudo make install):
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.

> Noteworthy changes in version 1.3.6 (2004-05-22)
> - ------------------------------------------------
>
>     * New --keyid-format option that selects short (99242560), long
>       (DB698D7199242560), 0xshort (0x99242560), or 0xlong
>       (0xDB698D7199242560) keyid displays.  This lets users tune the
>       display to what they prefer.

Works fine.

>     * Preferred keyserver support has been added.  Users may set a
>       preferred keyserver via the --edit-key command "keyserver".  If
>       the --keyserver-option honor-keyserver-url is set (and it is by
>       default), then the preferred keyserver is used when refreshing
>       that key.

Setting that option in --edit-key command requires the secret key to be
available, and to enter the corresponding passphrase.

>     * The --sig-keyserver-url option can be used to inform signature
>       recipients where the signing key can be downloaded.  When
>       verifying the signature, if the signing key is not present, and
>       the keyserver options honor-keyserver-url and auto-key-retrieve
>       are set, this URL will be used to retrieve the key.

Have not tested it yet.

>     * Support for fetching keys via HTTP has been added.  This is
>       mainly useful for setting a preferred keyserver URL like
>       "http://www.jabberwocky.com/key.asc".

Fine.
[...]

> Enjoy!

Done!

>  The GnuPG team (David, Stefan, Timo and Werner)

Thank you for your work!

Charly