changing the passwd

Reimar Bauer R.Bauer at fz-juelich.de
Thu May 20 20:40:39 CEST 2004

Dear all

I like to use gpg for a project to handle user accounts on a web application.
So I need a way a user could change his pasphrase by a dialogue over ssl of a
webserver.
I tried a while and found out yes it could be changed but it is not changed to
the passphrase I want.
Please could you give me a hint what I am doing wrong.

The syntax I uses:

echo "old" | gpg --command-fd 0 --yes --textmode --no-tty --edit-key mykey
passwd newpass save

If I do this on a text terminal the passphrase is changed but it is not
newpass.

best regards

Reimar

--
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer at fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html