Two queries from new user

Doctor Emu sunset76 at mailcan.com
Fri May 28 02:09:12 CEST 2004

Hello List Members,
I am using the enigmail plugin with mozillamail. I have gpg 1.2.3
installed with gpgshell3.02 frontend.
   Query 1: when I compose a message, click on current window/encrypt I
   get a tab which says
                "Run-time error 70" permission denied. How do I prevent
                this?
   Query 2: If I click on enigmail options/encrypt, I am told I need to
   get a certificate from a CA. After reading
            what Bruce Schneier and others have to say about this, I do
            not want to do this. Is it possible to use
            gnupg without getting a certificate? Is so, how do I do this?
Thanks for any light you can shed on this.