validate inline signatures in mail by hand/application

Laszlo 'GCS' Boszormenyi gcs at lsc.hu
Mon Nov 1 01:53:49 CET 2004

Hi,

 I would like to develop an application which can receive mails, check
if the signature on them is correct (fetch the key if necessary).
My problem is that I get mails with inline signatures but without the
SIGNATURE----- block. Mutt verifies these mails without any problem. But
I can not find out how to do it from my application even when I tried to
restructure the message (remove mailer lines from the top, add the PGP
header and hash). Now it is recognised by GnuPG, but the signature said
to be bad. :( Is there any library out there to help me out? GPGME looks
promising, but I still have to check if that can check such mails and/or
how can I reconstruct such mails?

Thanks,
Laszlo/GCS