w32 installation paths

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Nov 16 16:48:04 CET 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:37:03 +0100 (MET), Johan Wevers said:

> Does gpg.exe really require it? I thought it was only needed when you wanted
> to use translations, which can of course be skipped for a project like this.

Right, it is only used for translation and for converting user IDs and
such.  It is only important to use when you are creating a new user
ID with non-ascii characters from a non Latin-1 code pages.

And there is no problem to copy that DLL to the usual DLLPATH.
Several programs are using that DLL and it won't harm to have it on
every Windows PC.

  Werner