Newbee question

Johnson Jeba Asir squidjohnson at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 10:55:55 CET 2004

Hello all,

I'm just trying to configure gpg, My requirenment is
as follows

1. The client has to encrypt the messages with its key
2. the Client keys should be updated to the server
3. Using the client key the server has to decrypt the

   message

I had carried out the following steps:-

from PC1
1. gpg --gen-key
    (Real name = Gpg Client
     Email-ID  = gpgclient at localhost)
2. gpg --armor --export gpg at localhost > mykey.txt

3. gpg -e -r gpgclient plain.txt (after the above
command i was able to see a plain.txt.gpg binary file)

The mykey.txt and plain.txt.gpg files are transfered
to the PC2

from PC2

1. gpg --import mykey.txt
   (Got the key added message)
2. gpg -d < plain.text.gpg

The above command throug me the following message.
Where i'm doing mistake. Kindly kel me to solve the
problem

[pgpserver at mypc pgpserver]$ gpg -d <
/tmp/Key/t.txt.gpg
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more
information
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit ELG-E key, ID B97C02D6,
created 2004-11-17
      "gpgclient (nothing) <gpg at localhost>"
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

Thanks in advance
Regards,

John