w32 installation paths // iconv.dll

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Thu Nov 18 20:54:48 CET 2004

Maxine Brandt torduninja at netcourrier.com
Thu Nov 18 19:44:00 CET 2004  wrote:

>A las! This doesn't solve the problem.

>Also, trying with latin-1 I get the error
>gpg: latin-1 is not a valid character set

1.3.92 (windows binary)
has a few different man.page option syntax entries:

========================[ begin quote ]============

--display-charset name
iso-8859-1
     This is the Latin 1 set

iso-8859-2
     The Latin 2 set.

iso-8859-15
     This is currently an alias for the Latin 1 set.

utf-8
     Bypass all translations and
     assume that the OS uses native UTF-8 encoding.

--utf8-strings

--no-utf8-strings
     Assume that command line arguments are given as UTF8 strings.
     The  default  (--no-utf8-strings) is to assume that arguments
     are encoded in the character set as specified  by
     --display-charset.  These options affect all following
arguments.    Both options may be used multiple times.

have tried using the options: (separately and together)

display-charset utf-8
utf-8 strings

but still get the same error message in 1.3.92 :

gpg: error loading 'iconv.dll' ec:126

is there  an '--ignore-dll-error' type of option,
or other set of options to be used ?

vedaal