Decryption of truncated data?

Pip Jones pipworld at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 10:09:22 CEST 2004

Is it possible to decrypt a data block which has the first 43 bytes
missing?!

I inherited a wrapper script which was removing the PGP headers and
footers using hard-coded string lengths, but after a GPG upgrade, the
headers changed length and this part of the data was truncated. I've now
got lots of small data blocks (around 1k) I need to decrypt.

I know this is unlikely due to the damaged structure of the encrypted
data, CRCs, etc. but is there any way of recovering the partial
remaining data?

thanks.