Gnupg for Windows and key generation?
severi.salminen at siba.fi
Tue Oct 19 11:15:46 CEST 2004
I created 2 keys with the Windows version of GnuPG (on WinXP). The
entropy gathering process was actually quite fast lasting a few seconds
maybe and I didn't have time to move the mouse or hit the keyboard
1. How long does the entropy gathering last and how is it concluded that
enough entropy has been gathered?
2. Is there a way to prolong the process so that more user intervention
is possible? That would make me feel more secure ;-)
3. What are the actual factors that are "polled" during the period
besides mouse movement and keyboard?
4. What do all the symbols mean in the output: +, ., < and >? (Others?)
5. Would the usage of EGD (Entropy Gathering Daemond) allow me to gather
entropy longer or is that even necessary?
6. If all the above information is available somewhere I'd appreciate a
Thanks in advance!
More information about the Gnupg-users