Announcement for Outlook GPG Version 0.93

Timo Schulz twoaday at freakmail.de
Wed Oct 20 18:18:53 CEST 2004

On Wed Oct 20 2004; 17:45, Arild Bjørk wrote:

[no CC is needed, since I'm subscribed on the list]

> The only gripes I have with it is that users have to manually install it.
> With a dll needing to be registered and hard coded registry entries,
> it's not an easy task for a novice user.

I should have say that this is mainly an update for people who have
already installed it. Of course it can be also used by somebody who
did it install a prior version but then the procedure is a little
uncomfortable (but not impossible!).

And of course it would be possible to use an installer with the
G-DATA plugin and then simply override the files. Then the step
with the manual registry modifications can be avoided.

> Will g10 Code GmbH release a version with an installer?

At the moment, I cannot answer this question.

        Timo