Symmetric encryption and mdc

Kai Raven kairaven at arcor.de
Fri Oct 22 09:54:16 CEST 2004

Hi Per,

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:43:01 +0200 you wrote:

> Are there any drawbacks if I specify "force-mdc" in my gpg.conf-file?

compatibility problems with PGP versions < 8? Because pgp2, pgp6 and
pgp7 disable mdc.

> Is it possible to change the default cipher for symmetric encryption?

personal-cipher-preferences name1
the first named cipher will be used for symmetric encryption too
and/or
s2k-cipher-algo name
Use name as the cipher algorithm used to protect secret keys. The
default cipher is CAST5. This cipher is also used for conventional
encryption if --personal-cipher-preferences and --cipher-algo is not
given.

--
Ciao
Kai