Reload keys

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Oct 23 20:28:57 CEST 2004

On Saturday 23 October 2004 8:55 am, Arild Bjørk wrote:
> I use both PGP 8.1 and GnuPG 1.2.5 for Windows with GPGshell. Both programs
> have 414 keys. What I've noticed is that GnuPG is slow reloading the keys
> to GPGshell. It takes 8-9 seconds. With PGP the (re)loading of keys is done
> in a couple of seconds.
>
> Is it possible to make GnuPG reload keys much faster?

PGP might be skipping the trust database check. You can do the same but GnuPG
will prompt you to run --check-trustdb from time to time (like when new keys
are imported or existing ones refreshed) so that might be something to do via
cron or Task Scheduler (if that still exists on Windows).

I use no-auto-check-trustdb in gpg.conf and
gpg --check-trustdb
in cron, at least once a week, plus manual --update-trustdb to catch up with
new keys with no user trust level (which check- won't do).

--

Neil Williams