Symmetric encryption and mdc

Timo Schulz twoaday at freakmail.de
Mon Oct 25 08:06:43 CEST 2004

On Sun Oct 24 2004; 21:41, Kai Raven wrote:

> Mmh, i think cipher-ago is not a good idea, because it is not so
> flexible as the first mentioned ID in personal-cipher-preferences or
> secondary the name with s2k-cipher-algo. I mean, if somebody uses GnuPG
> for public key crypto without WinPT...

What I wanted to say is, that I will disable the CAST5 cipher force
if I found an option in the gpg.conf which would override it.

And for WinPT this is only a problem when you use symmetric encryption.
I guess most of the time, people use public-key encryption.

        Timo

--
Colt at WinPT.org    keyid BF3DF9B4        (http://www.winpt.org)
WinPT       (http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~twoaday/winpt.html)