gpg: fatal: can't open /dev/urandom on AIX 5.2

Mamta Mehra mamta.mehra at us.ing.com
Tue Oct 26 14:54:50 CEST 2004

Its open to world in other word yes it has the correct permission. We also
try to create the keys using root userID but still getting same error.

Thanks

Mamta Mehra

                      Werner Koch
                      <wk at gnupg.org>           To:       Mamta Mehra/US/AMERICAS at AMERICAS
                                               cc:       gnupg-users at gnupg.org
                      10/26/2004 04:23         Subject:  Re: gpg: fatal: can't open /dev/urandom on AIX 5.2
                      AM

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:59:28 -0500, Mamta Mehra said:

> PGP keys, we are getting following error:
> gpg: fatal: can't open /dev/urandom:

Are you sure that you did not miss the end of the line?  It should
show the actual error message.

You should also update to the latest gpg version which is 1.2.6; there
are some fixes for AIX in it.

> Our Unix team have verified the access to /dev/urandom device from
> user.

Are the permissions of /dev/urandom correct?

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.