[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.92 released (development)

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 28 21:41:43 CEST 2004

Werner Koch wrote:

>[Obviously Mailman broke the PGP/MIME signature again. Therefore I see
> no other way than to repost it using the plain old clear sign format]

I'm glad to see it's still not deprecated enough. :-) (One of the changes
I make in the code is to add IDEA to the list of algorithms that gnupg
doesn't complain about being deprecated).

>The latest release from the development branch of GnuPG is ready for
>public consumption.

Built OK on Slackware 3.3 / libc5. All tests were passed, and my extra
pgp 2.6 compatibility tests were passed too.

>This is a branch to create what will extremely
>soon become the new stable release of GnuPG 1.4.

Is "extremely soon" a matter of days, weeks or months?

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html