kmail & gnupg working now
Karl and Tanya Pizzolatto
karlandtanya at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 2 17:26:06 CEST 2004
Here's how I did it, with much help from all the group:
First, I built & installed gpg stuff.
It took several builds to figure it out, but I think this is the correct
sequence (dependancies) if you're going to do it in one shot:
Next, I rebuilt kdepim-3.3.0
Next, I put this in my $HOME/.profile (per the gnupg readme)
if test -f $HOME/.gpg-agent-info && \
kill -0 `cut -d: -f 2 $HOME/.gpg-agent-info` 2>/dev/null; then
eval `gpg-agent --daemon`
echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO >$HOME/.gpg-agent-info
either logout & login again, or execute $HOME/.profile & make sure
$GPG_AGENT_INFO contains the line pointing to /tmp/.... (where the socket
Everything now works just peachy!
I have slackware build scripts if you need them
I suid root (chmod 4755) some gnupg executables. This allows secure memory to
be used. Understand suid root before you use it, because it can be a
security risk. Probably make a "gnupg" group and chgrp those executables.
Then add the appropriate users to group "gnupg".
Have fun, and thanks to all the group for mucho help and excellent coding!!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : /pipermail/attachments/20040902/a9416a95/attachment.bin
More information about the Gnupg-users