pgp4pine problem

Bob Holtzman holtzm at sonic.net
Sat Sep 25 09:47:07 CEST 2004

After playing with a few mail programs I installed pine-4.58-1 and
pgp4pine-1.76-1. I had run this combination before with success. I am also
running gnupg-1.0.6-5 and RH7.3. I know they are old versions but they
work well and I intend keeping them if I can. So much for background.

The Problem I'm having is that when I send a test message to myself I get
this error:

Checking recipients ...

holtzm at sonic.net...  - no key found

Your recipient list has unknown keys. You may:
a) Sign the message
b) Send it unmodified
c) Ask the Keyserver for unknown keys and start over
d) Open a shell to add their key manually,
q) Abort and Quit

Make your choice [a]:

The results are the same with and without the display and sending filters
in $HOME/.pinerc and "gpg --list-keys" verifies the existance of my keys
on my machine.

I stress that this combination, set up the same way, worked before unless
something changed that I'm not aware of.

--
Bob Holtzman
 ......check the price of the beer!"