Is it possible to encrypt file symmetrically with 1 (one) command line?

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Sep 30 23:25:33 CEST 2004

Hi,

When I enter:
gpg -a -c data.php

gpg asks for the password, I enter it, and it asks to repeat.

Is there something like:

gpg -a -c data.php --password MyPassword

I call from VB2005:

Shell("c:\gnupg\gpg.exe -a -c " & fileToEncrypt, AppWinStyle.NormalFocus)

And console window opens and asks twice for the password.

I would prefer to send the file path and password in one command. I can
not use GPGME library because the program, which I write is for Windows,
bur GPGME seems to be for Linux. Or is there the GPFME version for
Windows XP?

I need for the moment only the symmetrical encryption.

Thanks. brgds O.M.