OpenPGP card and BasicCard

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Apr 15 21:57:39 CEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:45:23 +0200, Christian Rank said:

> operations without success, but that may be due to the fact that I have
> an OpenPGP card version 1.1, while the OpenSC support is for version 1.0.

That does not better.  The changes in 1.1 are: 4 new data objtecs -
OpenSC does not know about this such they can't disturb.  The public
key may now be readout without presenting CHV3 first - it doesn't
matter if you present it anyway.  So I can't see a reason why 1.1
should make any difference.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner