1.4.1 won't retrieve key from keyserver?

Jason Markley gpg at jason.markley.name
Wed Apr 20 21:13:38 CEST 2005

David,

    Has this issue been fixed?  Here's a recap of what I've observed.
I'm using TB 1.0.2 and gpg 1.4.1 (for windows, obviously) :)

behavior when searching for keys using GPG 1.4.1 from the command line:

hkp: searches and finds it, but doesn't import the key. can't find a
valid key block.  taking the 'openpgp' option out of the gpg.conf file
fixes this.

ldap: searches and finds the key, and is able to import the key.  it
works both with and without the 'openpgp' option.

http: gpgkeys says that this type of server only supports importing
keys.  I can't get importing to work, with or without the 'openpgp' option.

-Jason