gpg dependency issues (krb5 & klogd)

Shawn Protsman s_protsman at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 18:59:23 CEST 2005

I am running SuSE Linux Enterprise 9 on an iSeries
(Power5 chipset) server:

> uname -a

Linux l336649e_pub 2.6.5-7.139-pseries64 #1 SMP Fri
Jan 14 15:41:33 UTC
2005 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux

The installed version of gpg is 1.2.4.  I would like
to update the system to 1.4.x.

gpg 1.4 was not available via yast so I downloaded
gpg-1.4.0-4.src.rpm from the SuSE 9.3 tree.  Upon
rebuilding the RPM I get the following:

> rpmbuild --rebuild gpg-1.4.0-4.src.rpm
Installing gpg-1.4.0-4.src.rpm
error: Failed build dependencies:
        klogd is needed by gpg-1.4.0-4
        krb5 is needed by gpg-1.4.0-4

klogd is installed and in my path:

> which klogd
/sbin/klogd

And I know I have the kerberos stuff installed:

# rpm -qa | grep -i heimdal
heimdal-lib-64bit-9-200407011606
heimdal-0.6.1rc3-55.9
heimdal-tools-0.6.1rc3-55.9
heimdal-lib-0.6.1rc3-55.9
heimdal-devel-0.6.1rc3-55.9
heimdal-devel-64bit-9-200501051734

So, I am a little confused as to why these dependency
issues appear.  Thoughts and suggestions are
appreciated in getting this dependency issue with
klogd and krb5 resolved.

Regrards,
Shawn