Encrypting an e-mail to a Hushmail user

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 23:18:26 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 8:28 pm, JB wrote:
>   Hi gang,

1. Please send your key (with photo) to subkeys.pgp.net so that people on the
list can verify your signatures.

>   Now that I have my friends key on my keyring and have signed it, I find I
> get an 'error' every time I try to encrypt a message to him.

2. The exact error message is essential.

3. Check that your own key is set to ultimate trust. (gpg --edit-key <yourkey>
and set trust/)

4. Run gpg --update-trustdb

> I have a
> feeling it's because I'm using my key and it still has the photo,

Unlikely. Usually the error is that no trusted key can be found and this error
is due to you not setting your own key as trusted.

--

Neil Williams