Encrypting an e-mail to a Hushmail user

JB yochanon at localnet.com
Fri Aug 5 01:17:01 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 15:56, David Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 02:28:17PM -0500, JB wrote:
> >   Hi gang,
> >
> >   Yesterday I tried valiantly to get a Hushmail user to install GPG or
> > PGP (6.5.8...still free and a good version) on his M$ system, but he said
> > it was too hard to work and Hushmail was nice and easy.
> >   Anyway, after a few tries of trying to upload my public key to the Hush
> > server, I figured out I had to upload without my picture...finally it
> > took my key.
> >   Now that I have my friends key on my keyring and have signed it, I find
> > I get an 'error' every time I try to encrypt a message to him. I have a
> > feeling it's because I'm using my key and it still has the photo, but I
> > can't figure out how to sign the e-mail to him *without* using the
> > photo/attribute(s) in my key.
> >   Anyone care to give me a quick hand with this? It'd sure be
> > appreciated. (Now if I can just get him to use GPG for Windows thing
> > would be great!)
>
> I'm afraid that nobody will be able to help you unless you post
> something more useful than "I get an 'error'"

  My apologies, it completely skipped my mind to do that. It was a small popup
window that literally read 'Error, cannot encrypt'...that was all I saw.
  Today though, I made another key without a phot and sent it to the hushmail
server and sent 3 different test e-mails to my friend, and all 3 of my keys
are working now. Very strange, since I did nothing to the other two that
weren't working before (I use Kmail).
  Anyway, thanks to all who answered my call and again I apologize for the
lack of information in my original post. Now that everything seems to be
working, I'm not gonna mess with anything, heh.

  Take care,

  John B.