Proof of email ownership

David Srbecky dsrbecky at post.cz
Fri Aug 5 23:36:49 CEST 2005

Hello,

I just installed GnuPG to Thunderbird, created a key pair and uploaded
it to a keyserver. I have expected to receive some mail designed to
verify that I really own the email address (similar to the one that just
received to subscribe to this list), but I did not receive any.

How can people know that I own the address if GnuPG did not check it?

My next idea was that GnuPG is multipurpose cryptographic software and
I need to get some special signature verifying that I own specific mail.
I was looking for a way to accomplish that, but I have not found any.

Are there any servers/bots that can verify that I own mail and then sign
my key to certify that?

Regards,
David Srbecky