removing revoked or expired signatures

Mark Kirchner mail at mark-kirchner.de
Tue Aug 9 19:09:30 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

On Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 6:41:14 PM, Michael wrote:
>> How can I remove revoked and/or expired signatures from my public key?
>> E.g. keys like these:
>> sig       X  CA57AD7C 2005-07-15  PGP Global Directory Verification Key
>
> Stand in the feature request line ;-)

It's already in there: Unusable sigs (meaning: sigs, that don't do
anything in the trust calculation) can be removed during --edit-key
with "clean sigs". (New feature in 1.4.2)

Use just "clean" to remove revoked/expired uids as well.

That can also be done automatically during import/export by setting
--import-options import-clean-sigs import-clean-uids
--export-options export-clean-sigs export-clean-uids

Note that signature revocation certificates themselves are _not_
removed (= still show up on "check"), only the corresponding
signatures.

Regards,
Mark Kirchner

Key (0x172C073C): http://www.mark-kirchner.de/keys/key-mk.asc