signing only one particular uid on a key?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 10:20:32 CEST 2005

On Sunday 14 August 2005 12:21 pm, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Because of my Robot CA (see http://www.signedtimestamp.org/robotca.php
> for details) I would like to sign only 1 UID and not all UIDs on a key.
> How can this be done? Yes, I checked the man-page.

Then you missed it.
$ man gpg
/edit
uid n     Toggle selection of user id with index n.  Use 0 to deselect all.

$ gpg --edit-key <keyid>
command> uid 1

That selects the first uid on a toggle basis - uid 1 unselects it, uid 2
selects the second uid and leaves other selections unchanged.

Subsequent commands operate on the selected UID's.

--

Neil Williams