[outlgpg] Outlook 2002 Crash

Ryley Breiddal rbreiddal at presinet.com
Mon Aug 29 20:15:16 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I'm running Outlook 2002 SP2 on Windows 2000, and whenever I try to sign
a message, Outlook crashes.  There was a report recently, archived at
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2005-August/026511.html
whose symptoms match mine exactly.

I have GPGExch.dll version 0.6.1 and libgpgmedlgs.dll version 0.99.4.
My GPG version is 1.4.2 (I installed WinPT 0.10.0).

I've noticed a couple things.  The GnuPG prefs dialog seems to lose my
settings on a fairly regular basis, seemingly on the crashes.  I also
get a mix of crashes that pop up the "send a report to MS" dialog and
ones that just silently close Outlook.  The loss of settings always
comes with the first group of crashes.  The settings that keep getting
lost are specifically "Also encrypt with default key" and the logging
location.  The stuff in advanced always stays the same.

Path to key-manager binary question - I saw somewhere that I should set
it to "PATH/WinPT.exe --keymanager" but I can't get it to accept
anything but "PATH/WinPT.exe".  Any suggestions?

Similarly to Richard, I haven't figured out how to get a stack trace out
of Outlook yet, but I'm working on it.  In the meantime, I'm happy to
provide any other information that might be of interest.

Please CC any replies to me, as I'm not on the mailing list.

Regards,

Ryley Breiddal
PresiNET Systems