mpi too large

Bigda, Faith fbigda at BabsonCapital.com
Thu Dec 8 20:11:27 CET 2005

I've been researching and I can't seem to determine what the problem is with the key.  It appears to have a bad signature?  I imported the key and do an edit check:

C:\GnuPG>gpg --import xx.asc
gpg: key F867286A: public key "Named File Transfer" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1

C:\GnuPG>gpg --edit-key F867286A
gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.3; Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: checking the trustdb
gpg: checking at depth 0 signed=0 ot(-/q/n/m/f/u)=0/0/0/0/0/7
This key may be revoked by DSA key 8C5F4D13 [?]
pub  1024D/F867286A  created: 2004-11-09 expires: never      trust: -/-
sub  3072g/EC820541  created: 2004-11-09 expires: never
(1). Named File Transfer

Command> check
uid  Named File Transfer
sig!        F867286A 2004-11-09   [self-signature]
1 signature not checked due to a missing key

Command>

The problem is that even if I follow through and TRUST it anyway, when I try to decrypt a file from them I get an error: "mpi too large".  I don't know if the problems are even related.

I've been working on this guy for some time now.  If there anyone that can help?  Thank you

Faith Bigda
Babson Capital Information Systems
Babson Capital Management LLC
tel:    +1.413.226.1102
fax:   +1.413.226.2102
FBigda at BabsonCapital.com

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.