Create key's over 4096 bit ????

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Fri Dec 23 16:28:11 CET 2005

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Johan Wevers wrote:

> Werner Koch wrote:
>
>> Talking about 4k keys is in this respect useless - unless you have very
>> special requirements and can neglect the above points.  However, with
>> such requirements you will also have the staff and money to take proper
>> decisions and implement new code from scratch.
>
> Not necessarily. I don't think Bin Laden or Al Zawahiri have access to a
> staff of capable cryptographers and programmers, but thei certainly has
> a need for strong encryption, and he can be certain the NSA will do its
> best to decrypt any intercepted message.
==================

maybe they can justify 4K keys for everyday use, although anything larger
would attract attention.

even then, how hard is it to get a group of non-geeks, who didn't grow up
with computers, to use pgp? i think they're more likely to use carrier
pigeons than pgp.

--
         ...atom

  PGP key - http://atom.smasher.org/pgp.txt
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"We must have strong minds, ready to accept facts as they are."
 		-- President Harry Truman

 	"I don't care what the facts are."
 		-- President George H.W. Bush,  1988