Are gpg signatures considered attachments?

Chris cpollock at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 27 03:30:36 CET 2005

On Monday 26 December 2005 11:43 am, Johan Wevers wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> >I know that is probably a lame question, however, I'm on several mailing
> >lists that are bouncing my messages back to me because they are signed.
> > The list owners are telling me this is because they don't allow
> > attachments.
>
> You could switch to inline signatures instead of attached signatures.

I've switched to that method, however, Kmail shows Inline OpenPGP as
deprecated. On the Mandriva Newibe list signatures using OpenPGP/MIME show
up as bad while those using Inline OpenPGP show up as good. Not sure if the
fault lies in Kmail and/or the ML software configuration. I've already
received quite a few off-list replies explaining the pros and cons of
inline signatures.

Thanks

--
Chris