verify CHV1 failed - not able to sign

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Fri Dec 30 18:11:55 CET 2005

Hi all,

I just figured out, that I am not able to sign with my OpenPGP
fellowship smartcard any more. The error message is:

    gpg: signatures created so far: 274
    gpg: verify CHV1 failed: invalid passphrase
    gpg: signing failed: invalid passphrase
    gpg: signing failed: invalid passphrase

I don't know what the problem is as the card worked quite well the last
weeks without any problems.

En- and decrypting files is working without any problems.

Here on the machine GnuPG 1.4.2rc1 is installed.
I am running Debian sarge. And the only change I can think of was
running aptitude update and upgrade during the last days.

Thank you,
Matze

--
Join the Fellowship and protect your freedom!      (http://www.fsfe.org)