RSA subkeys

David david69 at charter.net
Thu Feb 3 10:42:52 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm using gpg 1.2.1 on RH9.
I consider generating RSA key as described:

master 2048 RSA key sign only, used for signing sub-keys, doesn't expire

                 |- 2048 RSA sign sub-key, for signing docs, expires

                 |- 4096 RSA encryption sub-key, expires

1. I plan to generate a new sub-key shortly before the previous one
   expires. Will my recipients consider the new sub-key as valid since
   it is signed by the master key?

2. Are there any compatibility issues I should consider?

Thanks,

David
--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is."