release candidate for 1.4.1 available

Gregor Zattler texmex at uni.de
Thu Feb 3 15:36:51 CET 2005

Hi Werner,
* Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> [03. Feb. 2005]:
> We are pleased to announce the availability of a release candidate for
> the forthcoming 1.4.1 version of gnupg:
>
>  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-1.4.1rc1.tar.bz2  (2709k)
>  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-1.4.1rc1.tar.bz2.sig
>
> A binary for Windows is also available:
>
>  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.1rc1.exe (1377k)
>  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.1rc1.exe.sig
>
> Please try these versions out and report any problems.  The installer
> used for the Windows binary package is pretty basic right now but
> nevertheless a first step. In particular, selecting the language to
> use still needs manual interaction.  We hope to improve it over time.

I installed it with WINE under Linux, imported my pubring.gpg and
successfully checked the signature file.

I installed it on Win98se and got an alarm box saying: gpg.exe is
linked to the not available Export-SHELL32.DLL:SHGetFolderPathA.
(Message was shown in german, I translated it.  For original see
attached image).

>  * [W32] The locale selection under Windows changed. You need to
>    enter the locale in the registry at HKCU\Software\GNU\GnuPG:Lang.
>    For German you would use "de".  If it is not set, GnupG falls
>    back to HKLM.  The languages files "*.mo" are expected in a
>    directory named "gnupg.nls" below the installation directory;
>    that directory must be stored in the registry at the same key as
>    above with the name "Install Directory".

I did this under WINE and the output was half english half german.
The Umlauts didn't show correct.  This may be a problem of my WINE
installation.

Gregor