Multiple files

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 3 19:56:58 CET 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:42:21 +0100 (MET), Johan Wevers said:

> Kevin Smith wrote:
>> Is there a way to encrypt multiple files at one time...say I want to encrypt
>> EVERY file in a folder called tobeencrypted...any easy way??

> #!/bin/bash
> for i in *; do gpg -e -r myname $i; done

Or use

     --multifile
               This  modifies certain  other  commands to  accept
               multiple files for  processing on the command line
               or  read  from  stdin  with each  filename   on  a
               separate line.   This allows for many  files to be
               processed at  once.   --multifile may currently be
               used   along   with   --verify,   --encrypt,   and
               --decrypt.   Note that `--multifile  --verify' may
               not be  used with detached signatures.