unable to execute program `gpgkeys_hkp': Permission denied

Stewart V. Wright swright at physics.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Feb 9 22:01:31 CET 2005

G'day Adam,

* Adam Funk <adam00f at ducksburg.com> [050209 14:52]:
> I compiled and installed GnuPG 1.4.0.  Everything works except interaction
> with keyservers.  When I use --send-key, --recv-key or --refresh, it
> always fails thus:
>
> $ gpg -v --recv-key F09BDAD5
> gpg: requesting key F09BDAD5 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
> gpg: unable to execute program `gpgkeys_hkp': Permission denied
> gpg: keyserver internal error
> gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error
>
> How do I fix this?

I had the same problem.  For some reason GnuPG wants these gpgkey_*
files in /usr/libexec/gnupg/, but they are installed in /usr/libexec

Just symlink them (*) and then submit a bug report - I was and still
am too lazy to do it myself.

Cheers,

S.

(*) For completeness something like this should work...
    cd /usr/libexec/gnupg/
    ln -s ../gpgkey_*