GnuPG 1.2 encryption key selection with authentication keys

Thomas Viehmann tv at beamnet.de
Fri Feb 11 11:45:02 CET 2005

Thanks, David, for the quick answer.

David Shaw (dshaw at jabberwocky.com) wrote:
> > Is there a way to make GnuPG 1.2 prefer the actual encryption key by
> > default?
> Upgrade.  This was a bug fixed in GnuPG 1.2.7.
Unfortunately, my own upgrading won't fix the bug on the side of the encryptor
whose preference to use old versions of GnuPG I'm not having much hope of
influincing. Is there anything (short of revoking it) I can do to make the
authentication less attractive to (the broken versions) of GnuPG?
I considered manipulating the encryption key's binding signature to have a
newer date, but my guess is that while this would work locally, I'd probably
run into trouble with the keyservers.

Kind regards

Thomas