SHA1 broken?

Darren Chamberlain dlc at sevenroot.org
Wed Feb 16 16:56:57 CET 2005

* Johan Wevers <johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl> [2005/02/16 16:32]:

David Shaw just said[0]:

> Finally, if you have a DSA signing key (most people do) you are
> required to use either SHA-1 or RIPEMD/160.  RSA signing keys can
> use any hash.

I'm one of "most people", apparently, since gpg threw an error when I
specified SHA-256.  :)

(darren)

[0] <http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2005-February/024820.html>

--
Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the
second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.