Newsgroup signing error

Jason Barnett jason.barnett at telesuite.com
Wed Feb 16 20:22:01 CET 2005

vedaal at hush.com wrote:
> if sha-1 does turn out to be as weak/broken as md-5,

My apologies for responding to this thread instead of starting a new
one, but I need to do this as a reply for a test.

I am a member of another newsgroup (php.general) where I regularly post
messages and sign them.  However, I have noticed that some of my
messages will sign correctly while others do not.  I use Thunderbird 1.0
with Enigmail 0.90.1.1 to post / read messages from that server.  So my
question is: is this really a news server error or a bug in my news reader?