subkeys problem

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Feb 17 02:03:12 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:05:47AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 06:38:57PM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> > I'd need to get a better error report than "subkey errors" to help
> > you, I'm afraid.
> >
> > For what it's worth, I pulled your key from all of the servers that
> > make up subkeys.pgp.net and it was fine on each of them.
>
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for that.  If you now attempt to encrypt something to
> "andy at strugglers.net", do you end up encrypting to the correct key?
>
> I will try to get the exact error messages that others report.

Sure, it works fine.

To be sure, they key that is stored on the keyserver is full of all
sorts of bad data (data in the wrong place, etc), but GnuPG doesn't
really care about that, as it skips the bad stuff.  The keyserver
operators may care to figure out how your key was so mangled, but
regular users should just see a good key for you.  GnuPG doesn't even
print out the warnings about skipping bad data unless you ask for it.

David