Extracting UserAttribute (photo)

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Feb 17 16:18:59 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 03:18:00PM +0100, Sascha Kiefer wrote:
> David Shaw wrote
> >
> > photo-viewer "cat > ~/photoid-for-key-%k.%t"
>
> What is the syntax of the photo-viewer parameter?
> i tried the following:
>
> gpg.exe --photo-viewer "C:\Path\Of\Viewer\viewer.exe" --edit mustermann
> showphoto quit
>
> and gpg says:
> gpg: this platform requires temporary files when calling external programs
> gpg: unable to display photo ID!
>
> As you can see i'm running it on a windows system!

Try something like

gpg.exe --photo-viewer "C:\Path\Of\Viewer\viewer.exe %i" --edit mustermann

The %-escapes are:

 %i is expanded to a temporary file that contains the photo.
 %I is the same as %i, but the file isn't deleted afterwards by GnuPG.
 %k is expanded to the key ID of the key.
 %K is expanded to the long OpenPGP key ID of the key.
 %t is expanded to the extension of the image (e.g. "jpg").
 %T is expanded to the MIME type of the image (e.g. "image/jpeg").
 %f is expanded to the fingerprint of the key.
 %% is %, of course.

David