Moving key rings?

Doug Chamberlin DougChamberlin at Earthlink.net
Fri Feb 25 14:47:56 CET 2005

I have installed GPG on a development machine and used this configuration
to generate a key pair. I have also imported public keys from others.

I now need to copy the key rings being used to a production machine.

Do I have to export my secret key and import it on the production machine
(along with the other public keys)? Can't I just copy the entire GnuPG
directory to the new machine and expect everything to work fine?

Using Windows XP 2000 and GPG 1.4.0