Subkey - second email address

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 20:04:00 CET 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 5:58 pm, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a primary key, with my personal email address, i would like to have
> a subkey with my email address at work is this possible?

Usuallly, you'd just add a UID.

If you want a second subkey so that people encrypting to your work email
address would use a different key to those encrypting to your home email
address, that's probably a job for a second key. It means always having both
secret keys available as well.

> I have tried
> addkey but this is without a email address.

adduid from the --edit-key menu.

--addkey adds a subkey that can be used if you have a short expiry on your
encryption key compared to the main key, or to use different algorithm
preferences.

Only adduid or a second key will list both work and home email addresses.

--

Neil Williams