Gpg error

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 10 15:15:11 CET 2005

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 14:45:24 -0700, David Vallier said:

> Some things do other things don't, Depends on what I want to do, So if
> a secret key got switched to public is there anything I can do to fix it??

You need quite some expierence to do that.  gpgsplit is the tool to
use: Decomposite the public keyring and replace the secret (sub)key
packets with their public counterparts, the cat everything back
together.

Using a backup will be far easier.  However you need to figure out
what went wrong in the first place.

gpg --list-packets keyring

should also give some insight.

  Werner